Friday, October 26, 2012

Pistachio Pudding Fluff
(Better Than Nothing)


After unpacking the last box at my new home, I sighed and proclaimed "Finally. I can focus on my blog again!" ....Okay. I probably could've taken photos while I cooked and then hopped on the computer a couple nights a week, but I'm going to use "I needed to settle" as an excuse for why I haven't posted in so long.

Here is an amazingly simple dessert that I'm sure SOME of you have probably heard of. It's actually based on a recipe on Jell-o pudding boxes, though I have heard it called many different names. It's a great last-minute dessert to make an hour or two before a party or other other get-together. I used to make this at least once a month in the past, and I took photos of the assembly process some years ago.

Hey. It's a better post than nothing. ;-)

Pistachio Pudding Fluff
Prep: 15 mins  Set: 1 hour  Makes: 8 1-cup servings

Ingredients:
1- 4-serving package Pistachio Pudding Instant Mix
1- 20oz can Crushed Pineapples
2- 8oz tubs Whipped Cream
3 cups Mini Marshmallows
1/2 cup Almonds, Pecans, or Walnuts (optional)

Instructions:

1. Pour in pudding mix and stir in the whole can of pineapples, juice and all. Stir in nuts if desired.

2. Add whipped cream and marshmallows all at once and gently fold ingredients together.

3. Let set in refrigerator for about 1 hour.

4. Serve and enjoy!











Tip:  
Folding ingredients causes air pockets in the mixture, which is what makes this dessert so light and fluffy. Here's a little video on how to fold ingredients, for those who don't know:


No comments:

Post a Comment