Monday, April 8, 2013

Microwaved Eggs
(The Quick One-Bowl Breakfast)


When I was a kid, my mom used to cook my eggs in the microwave. I was in incredibly picky child, and those simply made eggs were always my favorite breakfast. Even as an adult, I still cook these eggs, though I've had some odd looks from friends who watched me make it. "You're cooking eggs...in a microwave?" I seriously thought everyone cooked eggs like this at some point, but by the multiple head tilts over the years, I realized I had some 'splainin to do.



Think of it as an easy, skillet-free omelet or scrambled eggs: hot sauce, cheese, ham, and diced veggies like tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions make great toppings or mix-ins. These eggs are great for a quick workday or school-day breakfast, and they can easily be plopped into a plastic cup or container for meal on the go.


Microwaved Eggs
Yields: 1 Serving
 
 Ingredients:

2
Eggs
1 ½ Tbsp
Milk
Butter or margarine (optional)



Method:
1. Crack two eggs into a small, microwave-safe bowl. Pour in milk. Whisk with a fork until well combined.

2. Microwave until cooked though, about 2 minutes, stirring the center liquid area halfway through.
3. If desired, serve with butter and/or other toppings.





Tips:
1. If adding watery mix-ins, be sure to increase cooking time.
2. Of course, the microwaved contents will be VERY hot. So be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment